Renewing Britain’s Earliest Centre of Learning
The Project will provide:
- Access to and interpretation of the nationally important collection of Celtic stones;
- The conservation and restoration of a currently ruinous Grade 1 listed building;
- A fully equipped educational centre for those involved in Celtic studies, including history, culture and spirituality;
- The interpretation of St Illtud’s Church and its importance to the development of Christianity within Britain.
The Galilee Chapel will be a properly resourced educational in interpretative centre for the differing groups and individuals interested in the site both for its historical and spiritual significance. This would include
- Local groups;
- University departments;
- Professional associations;
- Academic institutions;
- Tourist and pilgrimage groups.